Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Stepping Back

So far, participating in Almost, Maine has been very fascinating. It has been different in many ways from other shows I have acted in in the past. I think that stepping away from the script and getting to know the play as a whole and learning more about its themes and concepts before we started working on the individual scenes has been really beneficial in many ways. For me, it has helped a lot with stepping back and looking at the whole thing instead of just focusing on what I say and what I do. It really helped when we just sat down and talked about love. From the beginning, love had always been scary. It is confusing. And it generally isn’t something I often have conversations about. It was helpful to hear others’ experiences and stories.

Another thing we have worked on so far in the rehearsal process is looking at many different possibilities, and being open to trying new things. While blocking This Hurts, Kivan showed us a few different ways Jayna and I could do something, and then we decided which one we thought fit best.

Also, I’ve noticed that whenever I come in for a rehearsal or workday, everyone else seems very excited to be there, and that helps keep a positive, enjoyable environment and it definitely makes for a good, productive time.

Overall, working on this show has taught me a lot so far, and I’m excited to see what other great experiences it will bring our way.

Anna Suski
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment