Tuesday, February 23, 2016

The Story Behind 'The Story Of Hope'

This week we worked on the Story Of Hope. I think this scene, done right, can make everybody's heart drop as does mine every time we practice it. I think that there are a few main things that make this scene very sentimental and beautiful.

The “thing” is that the situations of these characters are not fun for either of them, and bring back painful memories. This scene can take your breath away. I personally love the scene, but am finding it difficult to act in it.

Working with Morgan has been amazing. She comes into every scene already in a full emotional state every time. She speaks so much, yet she still keeps every line honest. If I were reading that many lines, I would find myself without any expression. Even when I don’t speak in our scene, I am struggling to find the honesty that she brings to the table.

A big part for our scene, too, is listening. Most of our scene is spent listening to one another, and throughout the whole process of listening to everything, the character’s emotion changes over and over and over.

But Morgan and I get along very and well and Kivan has helped us come as far as we have. I am very excited for this scene.

Travis Cooper
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment