Saturday, February 11, 2017

Actor's Choice

This week, we have been working on running the show memorized. We have gotten to the end, but we are definitely not done. I learn more and more every time I run my scene. I realize that Haemon is trying to get his dad, Creon, to spare his fiance, but I wondered if Hameon was just trying to save his fiance, or if he really agreed with Antigone. He had just found out and came to argue with his dad. I asked Vivian, and she said it's actors choice.
Actors get choices like this. We think about the circumstances, and sometimes, when we don’t know what the tactic is, we have to make one up, but once we make that choice, we have to stick with it 100%. I had a little trouble with lines the first time I ran my scene memorized, but that was okay because we had Maria and Ben on book for us. Once I got the blocking put with the words, it went pretty easily.
We talk about it a little bit in the script that at a Greek tragedy, the audience is supposed to leave renewed. Like a good cry. It makes feel exhausted, but it's needed. I didn’t think much of that line until we ran my scene, and I argue with my father and have so clear objectives, and I left and I felt that exact thing. I felt so renewed. I love it when all the circumstances are clear and the have obvious objectives.  It makes the acting so; I want to say easy, but I think the word is driven. When the character is driven, you feel that as you are acting it. It just makes you happy as an actor.

Travis Cooper
Hameon/Eddie/Lead Set designer

No comments:

Post a Comment