Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Carly Breen

I’ve been doing STC shows for a long time now, and I’ve never gotten bored
of them. I’ve loved every play I’ve been in and I love all the people I’ve
met through STC. It really feels like a welcoming community of people to
just be themselves and put together a show we are all proud of, and I’ve
grown to look up to everyone I do these plays with. However, Narnia was
different for me. This was the first non-musical I’ve ever been in. I
didn’t know how different it was going to be from every other play I’ve
been in, or whether or not I’d be able to keep up with both the play and
school. Even though I knew I would have a fun time, I was nervous about
doing this play. But I tried out for it anyway. I wanted to give it a try
because even though it might have been very different from a musical, I
wanted to try something new. And I don’t regret. Like I said before, I knew
I was going to have a fun time. Yeah, it may not be a musical. But really,
what would have changed? There are still the same people who always make me
laugh, we still have that shared goal to make something great, nothing has
changed. And even though it may not be a musical, that still doesn’t stop
us from bursting out into song together randomly. So again, I don’t regret
being in Narnia, and I never will. And to anyone reading this blog, whether
or not you decide to give it a chance is up to you. But you are truly
missing out on something if you decide it’s not worth your time.


-Carly Breen

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree Carly! Thank you for a great blog post!

    ReplyDelete